What is cosmetic acupuncture?
In cosmetic acupuncture, ultra-fine needles are inserted into the face, head and neck to stimulate blood flow and collagen production. There is little, if any, discomfort or pain. Needles are also placed in other parts of the body (usually the arms and legs) to address any underlying imbalances. The needles stay in for 30 minutes then your acupuncturist will use various techniques to further stimulate facial muscles such as facial gua sha and/or facial cupping. Cosmetic acupuncture is done in 10 sessions twice a week for 5 weeks for the best results but can be done once a week if needed. Follow-up sessions are recommended monthly to maintain progress.
How does cosmetic acupuncture work?
Cosmetic acupuncture can stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, tone facial
muscles and improve blood flow, all without the risks or downtime of surgery or
Visible effects of cosmetic acupuncture include:
- Reduce wrinkles and remove fine lines
- Level deeper lines, making them softer and less severe
- Reduce puffiness and darkness under the eyes
- Brighten, soften and make skin more radiant
- Improve muscle tone and increase collagen production
- Smooth cheeks and firm jowls
- Minimize pores
- Improve skin tone and texture (reduce redness, balance dryness/oiliness, moisturize)
- Reduce presence of age spots
- Re-define the jaw line
- Improve acne, rosacea, and Bell’s Palsy
- Slow the aging process
- Reduce stress, promote relaxation and eliminate toxins
Who would benefit from cosmetic acupuncture?
Cosmetic acupuncture is for anyone that is looking for a natural and non-invasive approach to improving the overall appearance of their skin without using surgery or Botox. Cosmetic acupuncture is contraindicated for patients with uncontrolled hypertension, seizure disorders and migraines. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and people taking blood-thinning medications should not have this procedure. People who smoke, use alcohol to excess, and have extensive sun damage might not get optimal results with this procedure.
To schedule an appointment or a free consultation to see if cosmetic acupuncture is
right for you, please contact us. We offer package discounts for patients who purchase a series of 10 treatments.